Updated on November 22, 2018
Most Toofr users will find they need to operate at scale, either because their list building techniques are working or because they need more data to test a hypothesis. Whatever the reason, the Toofr bulk email finder is available all users.
Bulk email finding starts with a spreadsheet
Bulk finding emails is easy: just import a spreadsheet saved as a CSV file. Here are a few tips on how to use it:
- Your CSV file must include a header row! The header row is simply the first row in your spreadsheet, but rather than including data, it has the column or field names for your inputs.
- If you're looking for emails, you should include a "first name" and "last name" OR a "full name" header. If you use the "full name" then we'll parse out the first and last names for you. You should also include a "company" column that holds the company names or websites for each person you want Toofr to look up.
- The Toofr header parser is pretty smart! That means it doesn't require an exact match to pick out which field is a first name, last name, full name, or company name. If you have your own twist on it (like "firstName" or even just "first") Toofr will probably figure it out.
Files import as lists
When you import a file, Toofr will make a new list for that file, and import each row in your file as a new list record. This means that when you want to find your file again, you go to your lists page on Toofr. Once you've imported a file and it automatically creates a list, you can click on your list, open its summary page, and export it to your local storage.
Once your list begins processing (when there aren't any other files ahead of yours), it will run at a rate of about 100 records per minute. Since the average Toofr list upload is about 1,000 records, that means your file will be ready for you in 10 minutes or less. Plenty of time left in the day to send those emails and close your deals.
The types of files you can upload
On Toofr you can bulk process everything you can do manually on the website and more. That means you can handle all of these kinds of files:
- Guess emails and return just the top scoring email
- Guess emails and return every email for each prospect
- Test emails and return the confidence score for a given email
- Get all the emails in our database from a list of your domains
- Get all the patterns in our database from a list of your domains
If you want to sell a list, you can also use the file importer. Choose either the Email List or Company List types if you're uploading a list to sell into the Toofr list marketplace.